Kildare Local Transport Link
Has a vacancy for a
Services Support Officer
Full Time 35 Hours, Initial 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary Scale is: €26,614 to €43,245.
New entrants can expect to commence employment on Point 1 of this scale.
Kildare Local Transport Link, t/a TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin, is one of 15 Transport Co-Ordination Units (TCU) which are funded by the Department of Transport and managed by the National Transport Authority (NTA) under the Rural Transport Programme (RTP). Rural Transport Programme funding ensures the delivery of local transport options in rural areas. Currently TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin is working towards the implementation of the Connecting Ireland Rural Mobility Plan for the region.
Kildare Local Transport Link CLG is a not-for-profit organisation with charitable status. The company currently operates a blended working option, with the primary place of employment being Aras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co. Kildare.
- Provide telephone answering duties ensuring that all customer/passenger queries are efficiently dealt with.
- Promptly and professionally respond to passenger service requests to assure timely and efficient services.
- Communicating with Customers and Operators for the dispatch, reporting and scheduling duties associated with the delivery of local transport services.
- The implementation of annual Promotions and Marketing plans including all print, radio and social media campaigns while working closely with the National Transport Authority (NTA).
- Work closely with our Social Media platforms contractor to ensure that our Social Media platforms are monitored, updated and providing relevant feedback to the Management team.
- Data input on a daily and weekly basis of all Transport Services related data including fares, mileage and passenger information to the relevant computerised control, reporting systems and spreadsheets.
- Ensuring compliance with all DATA Protection legislation and indicators of best practice.
- Provide Cover for Operations personnel on occasions of absence or leave.
- Undertake any other projects/tasks as agreed with the Deputy or General Manager.
- Minimum of 5 pass results in the Leaving Certificate, or a Post Leaving Certificate Qualification, or a minimum of 3 years-experience in the Transport or Mobility sectors
- Strong evidence of IT/Computer skills, with preferred use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work as part of a small closely knit team whilst also possessing the ability to work under their own initiative
- Previous experience in a Customer Support/Operations environment
- Ability to complete administrative tasks to a high standard where accuracy and attention to detail is important
- Experience of working with Social Media platforms including Websites, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
How to Apply
As part of the application process, you will be required to submit the following documentation:
a) A comprehensive CV detailed as relevant to the position (no longer than 3 pages);
b) A short cover letter/ personal statement (i.e., no more than 2 pages) outlining why you wish to be considered for the post and where you believe your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position.
We request that both documents are submitted in a single Word document or PDF where possible.
For full Role Description & Person Specification, please email email@example.com
Interviews have been scheduled for week commencing : 6th March 2023.
Application should be submitted via URL link:
Find Us on Facebook